This article explains the Camera, Images & Files block that can be added to design an app.
- Capture images using the phone camera
- Upload images or files from galleries/folders
- Upload short videos
- Force users to capture live photos
Editing the block
Click on the block and start editing on the panel that appears on the right side.
This is what appears as the label for the field that suggests the user upload a file or capture an image.
This is the text that goes below the attached file to help the user.
Click on this option if you want the end-user to compulsorily upload a file or capture an image.
By default, all kinds of files are allowed to upload. If you want a limited type of file, you should click on the file types that you want to allow.
Force Camera Capture
Tick this option if you want to force the end-users to capture images from their phone camera and not upload old photos.
Image Text (Watermarks)
This option can be used to automatically put watermark text on all the image uploads. Useful for geolocation-tagging, timestamp-tagging of uploaded photos. Any other text like Customer Name, Site Name etc can also be put on the photos.
This field works exactly like any other field that supports formulae. Just type @ to see a list of all the fields defined in the app that can be put on the images.
Put Geolocation, date of visit and site name on the photos: Ensure that these fields are defined in the app.
- The Image Text field is a formula field, so it will accept only valid formulae supported by Clappia. For example, if we need to put field_one and field_two on the image, we can’t write field_one field_two as this is not a valid formula. The correct value would be field_one & ” ” & field_two.
- This feature works only on the Android app (minimum Clappia app version 2.3.5). Support for web and iOS to be released soon.
- If the Image Text is dependent on a field whose value is not yet filled by the user, then that field will be replaced by an empty string in the Watermark. To avoid such scenarios, the image upload fields can be configured to show only when all dependent fields are filled. Conditional Sections can be used to achieve this.
- It might not be possible to use Date and time fields directly in the image text. Date and time fields need to be converted to text values before they can be used. Refer to this for the usage of TEXT formula.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many files can be uploaded at a time?
10 images/files can be uploaded per block.
Is there any limitation on the number of files that can be attached to an app?
You can upload a maximum of 10 files per block but up to 8000 blocks are per app. Hence, you can upload a maximum of 80000 files per submission. This is more than sufficient for most users.